Sunday, February 10, 2013

JUICING VS NUTRIBULLET what to buy

When juicing you leave all the pulp on the side to waste doesn't your body need all those nutrients as well, all the fiber etc?

    I started doing my green smoothies and i am obsessed!! i feel great, coffee energy lasts me exactly one hour and green smoothie energy lasts me 2-3 hours. i remember seeing the infomercials about how energized you feel etc and i was like whatever! and how great jack la lane looks because of juicing. now i am a believer!
Jack LaLane

    I started getting obsessed and i started researching what else i can add to my smoothie to help me.
current smoothie ingredients:
  1. 1/2 pear (want to keep it low glycemic and low sugar) 
  2. spinach (handful)
  3. kale    (handful)
  4. celery (2 sticks)
  5. cucumber (1/2)
  6. ginger root (small piece cuz it might get too spicy. just enough to add zing)
  7. hemp seeds (found these to be better than flaxseed)
  8. peanut butter (1 tbls)
  9. Protein Powder (Elite Fusion-7 is the secret for taste)
My Green Smoothie using Nutribullet. Consistency is way better than on a blender

As you can see all these ingredients are awesome and it doesn't take forever to add them and the benefits are amazing. 

These are the benefits that i have been getting aside from all the great anti-oxidants, vitamins, anti-cancer preventions, etc.
  1. amazing energy
  2. when you go number 2 in the restroom it doesn't smell
  3. your breath smells super clean
  4. your sweat doesn't smell
  5. my abs started popping out more
  6. my face is super clear
What started happening is that my smoothies stopped being smoothies and felt more like i was chewing instead of drinking. It reminded me of the old days when our Mexican moms would put all the ingredients they could find to  make us our school breakfast! lol. 

       After 2 weeks of this i wanted to look for other alternatives so i got a juicer from my amazing friend Adrian. i literally got 2 cups of juice after juicing like 3 lbs of fruit and veggies. What happens to all the pulp doesn't your body need all the fiber you are throwing away? 
Pulp might be used for bread etc, but it doesn't look appealing  to me
      The juicer was so hard to clean up after. i thought of making juice on Sundays and having it at least for 2 days and everyone told me it was dangerous and i would lose all the benefits if i don't eat the juice fresh. i was very sad because i wake up at 4am everyday so that means i cannot juice that early in the morning as it is we have to cook our meals sometimes. 
Unfortunately juice cannot be stored for days because you will lose nutritional value and fruit might rot! FML! 

      My client and friend, David Llarenas told me to buy a Nutri-Bullet and i saw that it costs $100!! i told him, its a friggin blender for $100, no way! but he told me its very powerful and easy to clean up and it blends everything smooth! i tried it and i loved it! i don't feel bad throwing away the pulp and fiber anymore. The consistency is super smooth and not lumpy at the top of the blog i attached a pic of how smooth the shakes look.


       My conclusion is if you have the money to purchase both, you should do it in case you get bored of the consistency of the nutri-bullet and want juicing. Juicing is better for super hard stuff like beets and other things. if you are just going to make the Green Smoothie Experience get the Nutri-bullet its $100 but its very worth it!  

Thank you so much for reading my blog! i started writing it because i always have so many questions and everybody contradicts each other when giving advice. So I'm writing it to share my experiences!

God Bless you and remember that we honor God by taking care of our bodies!

Shane Martinez
        

4 comments:

  1. yep, I agree. I've owned both a juicer and now the nutri-bullet. Hands down, the bullet is my choice for many reasons as you have described above but one big added benefit is travel. The Nutri-Bullet is small enough to pack in my checked baggage on trips/vacation so I can blend anywhere I want (which is what I want), try that with a juicer...(sorry Juicer fans).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the blog! Well said statement at the end!!! Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fusion Juicer Smaka dig fram till din egen favoritkombination och förbered goda, välpressade och välgörande juicer som kommer hjälpa dig med att återfå energin och känna dig piggare, friskare och starkare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog website is pretty cool! How was it made !
    is juicing healthy

    ReplyDelete